Back in May when our lives became a bit chaotic and we started our summer of moving around I put our Directv account on hold until we figured out where we were going to be permanently. We have now been in this house for about three months and the 6 month postponement that we are allowed is up, so last week we had it hooked back up again. Personally I was enjoying the fact that I didn't have to deal with cheesy tween shows on Disney and endless sporting events. But it is back now and I have just been trying to avoid it mostly. For the past two nights I have been up grading till way early in the morning and then compensating with afternoon naps. My internal clock is way off and even though I have no work to finish tonight, here I am at 12:30am, unable to sleep. A couple hours ago I decided to try the TV. Perhaps there was something that I could occupy myself with.....No not really! I now feel like throwing the darn thing into our pool. There are absolutely no redeeming qualities about it at all. In the hour that I tried to find something that did not completely drive the spirit away from my house I saw about 40 political commercials for the up coming elections, all of which contradicted each other. I clicked through at least 10 murder shows and caught a glimpse of a man getting brutally hit by a car. Continued clicking and ran into a show where a guy was feeling his girlfriend up on a roller-coaster. And all that was highly seasoned with a sprinkling of slutty girl commercials saying that they knew guys did not really want a date when they call in and so instead they should call them because they will give men what they really want. Why did I even get TV to begin with?
No comments:
Post a Comment