For the last couple weeks Donald has been learning about cells in his science class and so to help him remember the functions of each of the organelles inside of cells, I told him to figure out something in our house that could symbolize each structure. He started by saying that the electrical outlets were the mitochondria because they provide the cell with energy and the fridge could be a vacuole because it stores liquids. Then I asked him what could be our house cell's nucleus and he said "You! You control everything in the house so you have to be the nucleus." I was so honored....I am the nucleus! It is funny to me now though because my nucleus status is based on how happy he is with me. The other day I told him to turn off the video games because it was bed time and he said "You're not the nucleus anymore."...Like he can demote me or something....silly boy. Then a day or two later I did something he liked, even though I forget what that is now, and he said, "See....and that is why you are the nucleus!"
I like being the nucleus, it makes me feel like I have power- wa ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment