Saturday, October 23, 2010

Random October

Last week I saw these cute little pumpkins at the grocery store and thought I might be able to turn them into decorations, so I painted them white and added eyes and the letters and voila!, ghost pumpkins!

This past Sunday and Monday it was a bit overcast and rainy off and on so for some reason I felt like baking- go figure!
 I have been wanting to make homemade bread, but went with homemade croissants instead.  It was fun to make something from scratch.  Don't they look pretty?  They tasted really good with butter and jam.

I saw a yummy recipe for a sticky, gooey chex mix on my friend Jill's blog and tried it.  It is awesome!
I also made some homemade pumpkin pies from real pumpkins, but I forgot to get pictures of those again this year.  That one has turned into a tradition I think.  Another tradition that we have decided to continue is the being 'booed' thing.  We had a little Halloween treat left on our doorstep and so we continued it by taking treats to a couple people in our ward.  The boys loved it because they felt like they were on a stealth mission or something.  We had so much fun sneaking around and ding dong ditching all in the name of service that we almost want to do it every month.

For Donald's science class they got an assignment to create an edible cell.  The directions said to use a base such as a cracker or an english muffin, but that was just not big enough for us so I made a cake for his base and then we got candy so he could make all the organelles.  Looks good enough to eat!
And that has been my random October so far!

No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007