Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally someone who understands me

I will say it up front, I am a science nerd.  I have no shame, in fact it is one of my favorite parts about myself personally.  Sometimes though it can be a little lonely.  It is not often that you find a 32 year old mother of two boys that would rather watch Jeopardy than go shopping or whose dream vacation is to go to the Galapagos Islands just to see the evolutionary diversity.  I wouldn't change this aspect about myself for anything, but for the longest time I have looked forward to finding those that would take part in my overly nerdy conversations and laugh with me instead of look at me like I am a freak.  Tonight I got a small glimpse that perhaps I have been cultivating a little clone of me that just may work out.  I felt like I was talking to the younger boy version of myself tonight when Donald said the reason he didn't hear his swim coach saying his name over and over was because her voice creates sound waves and when they reach the water they are scattered and so they never reached his ears.  Ahhh, my little science nerd clone is coming along quite nicely.  Although he also told me tonight that the girl he thinks is cute in his English class is also going on the trip to Catalina with him tomorrow (you should have seen his grin).  I guess there is quite a bit of his dad in there too, huh!


No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007