Sunday, February 7, 2010

1st Grade Trip to the Long Beach Aquarium

Last Friday I went with Eli on his class field trip to the Long Beach Aquarium.  I always love going on my kids field  trips cause I get to see how they interact with their classmates and I get to help them learn from the experiences that they have.  This is one of my favorite trips... since I know so much about Biology I have lots of opportunities to help them learn new fun things.  When Donald was in first grade he also went on the same field trip.  I am so grateful that I am able to go spend time with my kids during the day.
 
This was my little group.

 
Eli was one of the kids chosen during one of the demonstrations and got to 'fish' for a sea jelly.

 
Eli and his teacher Ms. Maguire at a small tide pool.
  
Me and my monkey!

 
Octopus

 
Sea horse
Even though it was raining pretty hard, we still had a fun time and went out to see the sharks huddled under our umbrellas.  We had a great lunch and then it was back to the bus where we spent 2 hours stuck in traffic with 40 first graders.  That was the only part that sucked.

1 comment:

Todd + Emily said...

So cute.. Eli is getting so big. I can't believe he is in first grade!!! and Donald with his track that is AWESOME!!

We want to get together soon. We miss you guys. Sorry the last couple of times we have been busy... But definitely this weekend if that works for you guys?

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007