Then the legs extend up and the chains pull the pod up off the ground....
The flatbed backs up under the pod....
The legs get pulled up, the pod is secured and then they drive away with all of your stuff.
It is actually very surreal to watch everything you own drive away.
What will be worse though is dropping my kids off at school tomorrow and then driving to Texas and not being able to see them for 2 weeks. I keep telling myself that two weeks is not that long, but I can't imagine my life without them and I want them to come with me now. I am hoping for a miracle job to present itself to Don where they need him to start right away instead of him waiting until the new school year in August...fingers crossed! But, until then I suppose I will just try to keep myself as busy as possible meeting dolphins, looking for a house and grading papers for my new classes that start next week. I have been teaching health for a little while now, but my next classes are biology, so that should be fun, although I really have enjoyed the health ones. I have been thinking about getting SCUBA certified during the couple weeks I am there alone, but I guess I will just have to see what I can fit into my schedule.
I think things will be okay once I am down there by myself for a couple days, it is saying good-bye to everyone that hurts the most. Last Sunday my sister and her family came out for a BBQ and I said good-bye to them. We went to dinner with the Thompson's on Monday and got to say good-bye to them. Tonight we are going to dinner with the Moran's and the Kaiser's to say good-bye to them and then tomorrow will be the worst of all. To anyone else that I have not had a chance to say good-bye to I just want you to know that I love you all, I have truly enjoyed all the friendships I have made throughout my life in California and we will definitely come back to visit. Hugs and Kisses to everyone!
4 comments:
Wow, off you go! What prompted the move? Good luck for the next 2 weeks flying solo!
We just don't want to raise our kids in Southern California anymore and I got a job as an educator at Sea World San Antonio. Don has always wanted to be a high school baseball coach so off we go to follow our dreams.
Good Luck Sara! I hope you find everything you are looking and hoping for! It was fun see you guys at family events! You guys will be missed!
We are excited for you guys!!! I'm glad we were able to have dinner and say goodbye!
We are going to miss you so much and we love you! cant wait until September and we will see you at Lake Mead!
Post a Comment