Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Reminders

School started this week.  Eli is in 4th now and Donald is in 9th.  There is just a little part of you that aches when you think about your kid starting high school.  And just as Donald joins this new world of too many teenagers I have had a week full of reminders of just how fast he is growing up.

Reminder #1-
Donald has been swimming for only two years and last night his feet started getting cramps because his fins are too small for him again.  That means that just in those two years he has gone from barely fitting into the yellow fins (size 5-7) to in between the black and the dark green (size 11).  Maybe he has been walking in fertilizer or something because his feet are growing like crazy.  He can wear Don's shoes now, which is why Don can never find his flip flops. 

Reminder #2- 

On facebook this week a friend of mine posted this picture of when Donald was in Kindergarten.
 He was so small and cute.
Now he looks like this, still cute, but a lot less small (considering he is now taller than I am).  He has grown over 6 inches in the last year. 

Reminder #3-
He has a phone like most other teenagers but now instead of messages about video games he has way too many texts from girls. 13 year old girls are crazy.   Luckily he understands that already.  This week he had a girl ask him if he loved her.  I think he responded by jumping in the pool.


Before I know it he will be driving away.  It is strange...I don't really want him to still be little and it isn't really that I don't want him to grow up.  It is more like I don't know how well I have done up to this point and it seems like things are unfinished.  I wonder if I will always feel like that.  I guess he is growing up faster than I can figure out how to raise him.  Regardless, here we are joining the world of early morning seminary, getting his braces off in 26 days (yea!) and geometry homework.

Good luck in 9th grade Donald (I'll be waiting in the car).
 

No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007