Tuesday, November 29, 2011

What a stud!

Am I talking about my husband or the cute little table that I convinced him to make me?......Maybe both.  Recently I saw an adorable table on a blog and the directions to build it so I talked Don into going to Home Depot with me to get the materials (we dragged my brother and sister in law around with us too- thanks for playing guys:).  We started with this.....
 And turned it into this........
 With the final touches it ended up looking like this.........
 After we put it in the hallway and moved the piano, again, I thought that it would look cute with a couple moss spheres on it.  However, I looked several places and still could not find what I was looking for, so I made some.
 I started with a roll of moss and some styrofoam balls, used some very hot (yes I burned myself several times) glue.

I think they turned out pretty good!  
The best part of all of this is that I have triggered something creative in my husband and he asked me tonight what our next project is going to be.  I reminded him of the 6 chairs in the garage that we still have to re-finish.  I'm not sure that is really what he was looking forward to.  :)

By the way- today is our 14th anniversary-  Happy Anniversary Baby, I love you!

No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007