Sunday, October 9, 2011

Family Lake Mead Trip 2011

Fall is here and that means a very special tradition in our family. Our big family trip to Lake Mead. Usually we go in September but this year our busy schedules pushed it back a little. Regardless, it was still a great, relaxing weekend. The weather was beautiful, the lake was up, there was hardly anyone there and we got great wakeboarding in, that unfortunately is starting to tell us that we are getting old. Don used to be able to wakeboard all day. He could wake up early 4 or 5 days in a row for smooth water. Well this weekend I think he officially became an old man. A couple weeks ago Don turned 38 and I think he is really feelin' it. He went boarding for about 2 minutes, fell and said that he could barely move. That was the extent of his boarding for the weekend. But, like I can talk...I went for about 5 minutes and then got back in the boat out of breath. Getting old sucks! 
I guess we will have to pass the torch to our children. Donald had fun boarding and Eli is still working on mastering getting up, they are both doing a great job.  I hope they find as much enjoyment in it as we have over the years.




Something really fun for Donald this year is that since he is finally 12 he didn't have to wear his life jacket while the boat was moving and he is old enough to ride the stand up jet ski.
 I think he would have slept on this thing if we would have let him.  So I guess getting older can be fun...until you reach our age ;).

See you next year Lake Mead!

No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007