Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something new and scary

Today, I am submitting my manuscript to a writer's conference.  A little over a year ago I posted that I was writing a book.  I didn't know whether I would do anything with it or if it would ever get finished, but here I am finally submitting it for review.  I don't know what will happen with it, but it is definitely a leap of faith to try to get other people to read and enjoy something that comes from your own imagination.  I am excited, but I think that the fear is still a bit outweighing.  The conference is in February, so I will not know what they think until then, but I am sure that my fingers will be crossed for the next month in anticipation.  So here is the stamp and address on the envelope to following your dreams even if they only exist in your mind.

5 comments:

Maia said...

That is wonderful Sara!!! I am so excited for you.
I love your new picture on the blog!

melissa gargalis said...

Sara you are amazing!!!! Way to make something happen. Even IF they decide not to publish it, you still wrote a book. i am so impressed. Can't wait to read it...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Todd + Emily said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!! Good luck with it!! I'm sure it will happen!

Jackie Nelson said...

Yahoo! I hope they love it...cause then you get a new boat right??? jk. Love ya tons! Let us know what happens.

The BRU Crew said...

Wow Sara! That's actually freakin AWESOME! I think you are very INSPIRING! I wanna read it! I am hoping for the best! ;) So EXCITING! ;) Hope you are doing well! By the way when we gonna get together?!!

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007