Thursday, October 15, 2009

Awhhh, my kids!

So I was feeling rather lumpish today, but then I got to go to the boys end of the trimester awards ceremony.  I always love seeing my kids accomplish things.  Eli got the principal's award for citizenship



and Donald got honor roll.



We got home and Eli asked me what I did today.  I didn't want to just tell him that I had spent most of the day on the couch feeling like digging myself into a small hole to hide in, so I said "oh I did the dishes and did some work on the computer. "(Which was true, but not very exciting).

 He said, "You know what my favorite thing of today was?"
"What was that?", I said.
 "My favorite part of today was when I saw you watching me get my award.", Eli said.

Really without my kids I don't know what I would do, I would probably be a puddle on the floor.  And I realized something...  Sometimes I don't feel like I deserve my kids and how can I possibly be what they need.  Today I thought maybe Heavenly Father put them here because he knows I need them.


Another example:  Every Monday Eli's teacher sends home Happy Face Cow with the best student of the week.  Eli brought it home this Monday.  It comes in a little cow backpack and you have to spend the day with it and then write down what you did together in it's little journal and draw a picture.  So Eli decided that we needed to play with the little cow and everyone had to give him a ride....on our heads.









Poor Don got left out of that fun activity :).
Then we had to take the cow out to frozen yogurt (Eli said that the cow asked him if we could).
Good times with Happy Face Cow!



No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007