Sunday, May 17, 2009

Out comes the sunshine to dry up all the rain


Finally life is getting back to where it should be.  Over the past few months I have felt so overwhelmed with what has been happening with our terrible school district and all these crazy headaches, but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel- my doctor has finally found the medication that works for my head and I am so excited.  About a week ago I went back to the doctor to get something different because the first try didn't work (in fact the side effects drove me crazy with no effect on the pain), he gave me something different and also a referral for an accupuncturist (very excited to try that).  A couple days later I went to bed with a moderate headache and woke up with a real pounder, so I took the new meds and about twenty minutes later a warm rush came up and over my head and my body felt really heavy and TA DA- the headache was gone.  Woo-hoo for the new medication!  And the best thing is that the side effects are not so bad, just a little tired and heavy, but still functional.  So I guess some good has come from all this, I finally can have my head back and I am officially taking a break from teaching and staying home with my kids for a while.

No comments:

10 Year Anniversary- Jamaica 2007